The Marrieta, Georgia-based GREENGUARD Environmental Institute is an industry-independent organization that aims to protect human health and improve quality of life by enhancing indoor air quality and reducing people’s exposure to chemicals and other pollutants. Its Gold certification recognizes products that meet its criteria for having low chemical emissions.
GREENGUARD Gold Certification is awarded only to products that meet rigorous, third-party testing standards for low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into indoor environments. The Gold certification includes additional factors to account for sensitive individuals (such as children and the elderly) and helps ensure that a product is acceptable for use in environments like schools and healthcare facilities. UL Environment, a unit of Underwriters Laboratories, administers the certification.
- 3M products now covered by GREENGUARD Gold Certification include:
- 3M Envision Print Wrap Films LX480Cv3 and SV480Cv3
- 3M Envision Wrap Overlaminates 8548G and 8549L
- 3M Envision Print Films 48-20, 48-20R, 48C-20 and 48C-20R
- 3M Envision Overlaminates 8048G and 8050M
These 10 Envision branded films and overlaminates are all non-PVC materials, meaning they are made without using polyvinyl chloride.