Mentor, Ohio-based graphic films manufacturer Avery Dennison Materials Group announces the recognition of 10 pressure-sensitive industry suppliers during the company’s third annual supplier recognition ceremony held in late May in Shanghai, China.
The company says the winners were selected based on their performance in areas such as sustainability, innovation, service, overall value and quality.
U.S.-based industrial control systems supplier Quad Plus was recognized as “Supplier of the Year” for its efforts across all categories of performance.
“Quad Plus has demonstrated their commitment to developing a stronger, more strategic relationship with Avery Dennison,” says Roland Simon, global vice president of procurement for Avery Dennison. “They consistently demonstrate great flexibility and meet Avery Dennison’s tight production schedules and critical deadlines to deliver successful projects across the globe.”
The list below details other companies recognized during the awards ceremony and their respective award categories.
- Best Emerging Supplier: Hansol Paper, Seoul, South Korea. This award goes to the supplier that is growing with Avery Dennison globally while successfully meeting quality, service and innovation targets
- Best Transportation Supplier: Expeditors International, Seattle, Washington. This award goes to the transportation supplier that has maintained high delivery service and quality standards and has worked collaboratively with Avery Dennison to provide innovative solutions to network and delivery challenges.
- Best Indirect Supplier: Quad Plus, Joliet, Illinois. This award goes to the indirect supplier that provided superior quality and service while continually improving their processes.
- Best Supplier Sustainability: DRT, Cedex, France. This award goes to the supplier that demonstrated both leadership and action to align with Avery Dennison’s sustainability policy to use responsibly sourced materials, comply with third-party verification processes and show clear commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in this very important area.
- Best Supplier Service: Munksjö, Stockholm, Sweden. This award goes to the supplier who in 2015 constantly met our availability targets and found ways to reduce overall supplied lead times.
- Best Supplier Innovation: Binder GmbH, Holzgerlingen, Germany. This award goes to the supplier that was a key partner in the successful implementation of new products and ideas in 2015.
- Best Supplier Quality: Siliconature, Godega di Sant’Urbano, Italy. This award goes to the supplier that in 2015 best demonstrated the ability to deliver defect-free material that exceeded the expectations of Avery Dennison and its customers.
As the company’s awards ceremony moves around the globe each year, Avery Dennison also presents awards to suppliers that have provided strong support within the host region. This year regional awards went to:
- Best Indirect Supplier, Asia-Pacific Region: Nicely Machinery Development, Taoyuan, Taiwan
- Best Supplier Innovation, AP Region: Zhejiang OULI Digital, Jiashan City, Zhejiang Province, China.