UK-based see-through window films maker Contra Vision announces the winners of its 4th International Wrap Artists Competition at a recent industry trade show in Las Vegas.
The competition is designed to find the best see-through window graphics across the company’s international markets, and to showcase how Contra Vision Perforated Window Film and other see-through technology can be used across a range of media.
The winners in the contest’s five main categories:
- Overall winner: AAA Signs, UK, uses Contra Vision’s trademarked BACKLITE to provide the perfect screen for a digital projection on The Sage building of the opening ceremony for the BUPA Great North Run, a popular half-marathon that is one of the biggest road races in the UK. It was deemed by the judges to be the best overall example of a wrap using Contra Vision materials.
- Best Innovative Use: The Sage building design from AAA Signs.
- Best Vehicle Wrap: GSP Print Pty Ltd, Australia, for a complete bus wrap for 7 Eleven stores.
- Best Creative Use: IMEDIAS, Belgium, for a building wrap of a tower, which carried images of trees across a modern building.
- Best Building Wrap: Craig Morrison, designer, for a building wrap at Media City Salford Quays UK, which enabled projected images of the World War One centenary commemorations.
- Best Transit Advertising Wrap: VGL, UK, for wrapping the transit pods at Heathrow Terminal Five with brand images relating to Marriott Hotels’ sponsorship of the transit system.
Each category winner receives a limited edition glass sculpture and the overall winner, AAA Signs of the UK, also receives a cash prize.