Carrollton, Texas-based sign shop franchisor FASTSIGNS International Inc. held its 2019 International Convention in mid-January in Orlando, Florida, and it used the occasion to participate in a “FASTSIGNS Community Giveback” project.
Under the direction of Feeding Children Everywhere, which is based in Longwood, Florida, but has warehouses all over the U.S., convention attendees measured, weighed, packaged and boxed 17,000 meals by forming 14 assembly lines. This was accomplished in 30 minutes during the FASTSIGNS Community Giveback “Breakfast with a Purpose” event.
“Through our FASTSIGNS Community Giveback Projects, our meeting attendees and vendors come together to support a local cause and make a positive impact in the cities that host our events,” says Tracy Lake, director of events at FASTSIGNS. “We are so grateful for organizations that work to end hunger. With the help of our partners in giving, we were honored to join Feeding Children Everywhere to help make a dent in hunger for Orlando and the surrounding areas.”
FASTSIGNS also wanted to acknowledge its Community Giveback sponsors, who helped make such efforts possible. They include Vista System, swissQprint, peerhatch, Ornamental Post & Panel, Click2Sell, Digital Designed Solutions, Banner Ups, Computerized Cutters Inc. and N. Glantz & Son.
“Our partners not only provide meals, they provide hope,” says Sarah Davila, public relations manager at Feeding Children Everywhere. “Our event with FASTSIGNS created the opportunity to impact hundreds of families struggling with hunger in Orlando.”
Of course, the main reason for the company’s annual convention is to bring its franchisees together to listen to prominent speakers; teach and share best practices; and to award top performers. The company says more than 630 people attended, including 150 first-time attendees. Those present included FASTSIGNS franchisees and team members from eight different countries around the world.
The company told attendees that its 2018 system-wide sales reached a record $503 million. There were 141 FASTSIGNS/SIGNWAVE centers exceeding $1 million in annual sales, including 21 centers achieving more than $2 million; six centers achieving more than $3 million; four centers achieving more than $4 million; and one center achieving more $6 million in annual sales.
As for individual awards:
- The FASTSIGNS Award, which recognizes the franchisee who best represents the FASTSIGNS brand in both the business community and within the FASTSIGNS network, was awarded to the three-partner team of Jose Corujo, Teresa Caballero and Juan Rivera from Puerto Rico.
- The Wide Format & Signage/FASTSIGNS Project of the Year was presented to Susan and Sam Cilone from Louisville, Kentucky, for their work with the Muhammad Ali Center.
- FASTSIGNS of Chattanooga, Tennessee, was recognized as a top performing center, ranking No. 1 in the FASTSIGNS network out of more than 700 locations in nine countries worldwide.
That franchise alone received the following awards:
- The Sales Achievement Award for Highest Volume Center, which is awarded to the top five FASTSIGNS centers in the network that achieved the highest sales volume in the U.S. and Canada between Oct. 1, 2016 and Sept. 30, 2017.
- The CEO Circle Award, which recognizes the top 25 centers with the highest sales volume in the U.S. and Canada between Oct. 1, 2017 and Sept. 30, 2018.
- The Profit Leader Award, which recognizes outstanding center performance.
- Additionally, FASTSIGNS of Chattanooga’s David Murphy received the National Outside Sales Award for the second year, which recognizes the outside sales professional who achieved the highest total sales for the year.
- The FASTSIGNS convention had its largest vendor show to date with 153 exhibitors, and the Vendor of the Year award was presented to Grimco.
- Also, 37 franchisees and their center teams were recognized for outstanding sign and graphic projects in the 2018 FASTSIGNS Customer Solutions Awards, which included grand prize winner Marcia and Joe Kopp from Roseville, Minnesota.
“2018 was yet another record-breaking year for FASTSIGNS,” says Catherine Monson, CEO. “Our annual convention brings our franchise network together to recognize, honor and celebrate the many achievements of our franchisees, as well as to engage in educational and networking opportunities and kick off the year.”