Responding to one of the most challenging years ever faced by the meeting, convention and exhibition industries, major industry associations and businesses have aligned under the Convention Industry Council (CIC) to develop a unique grassroots industry effort to promote the benefits of meeting face-to-face. The NBM Show supports this effort.
The multi-faceted campaign, “Face Time. It Matters,” launched in January 2010 encourages organizations in the meetings and events industry to roll out the logo, theme and related marketing tools on members’ Web sites, in trade partner and consumer advertising, and at their meetings, shows and events. The NBM Show supports the campaign and will be incorporating “Face Time. It Matters” into its meetings and communications.
The NBM Show holds successful events and educational programs every year, including 2011 shows in Austin (March 24-26), Indianapolis (June 9-11), Long Beach (Aug. 11-13) and Baltimore (Sept. 8-10). While virtual meetings and communications have their merits, face to face events have certain intrinsic benefits that are unequaled in other forums:
- Face-to-face meetings at The NBM Show builds trust and relationships
- Education and training delivered during The NBM Show are more effective in a live setting.
- Live meetings actually save time and money
- Live meetings result in a more effective exchange of ideas
- Face-to-face meetings provide the human connection that powers business
- Face-to-face meetings help create jobs and power the economy
“The NBM Show and its members will utilize the Face Time message to promote the irreplaceable benefits of human interaction and relationship building that may only be realized only through face-to-face meetings,” says Sue Hueg, show director for The NBM Show.