Boca Raton, Florida-based Tint World Automotive Styling Centers, an auto customization and accessories franchise that also does vehicle wraps and window tinting, recently honored its top-performing franchise owners at its 11th annual International Franchise Convention held in mid-February in Orlando, Florida.
The convention featured a vendor trade show, seminars and training, while an awards banquet on Feb. 19 recognized top-performing franchises. This year’s theme was “Play to Win,” and the company says attendees learned best practices to boost sales and run their stores more efficiently.
Tint World report that the number of its franchisees increased to 68 in 2018 from 54 in 2017, while chainwide sales increased by 27 percent from 2017 to 2018. The company also entered the growing United Arab Emirates market with its first store in Dubai in 2018.
At the convention, Tint World recognized the following franchisees with awards:
- Franchise of The Year—Acey and Kerri Light, Lubbock, Texas
- Best Performing Franchise—Jeff and Penny Rackley, The Colony, Texas
- Best Performing Franchise—John and Carole Anhalt, Webster, Texas
- Best Performing Franchise—Randy Silver and Austin Silver, Cary, North Carolina
- Most Improved Franchise—Pedro Flores, Midland, Texas
- Most Improved Franchise—Abdul Afaghani and Sultan Alafghani, Santa Clara, California
- Most Improved Franchise—Patrick McNiven, Boca Raton and Hollywood, Florida
- First Franchise to Exceed $1 Million in Sales the First Year—Santiago and Dominica Rojas, Massapesqua Park, New York
- Local Marketing Impact—Pete and Barbra Muller, Longwood, Florida
- Franchise Mentor of the Year—Xan Owens, Morgan Hill, California
- Top Gun Franchise—Tim and Stacy Kjaer, Medford, New York
- New Franchise Ambassador of the Year—Mike Richards and Rodney Thiel, Grapevine, Texas
- Area Developer of the Year—Danny Shenko, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Tim and Stacy Kjaer, co-owners of the Medford/Long Island, New York store, along with manager Kurt Kaufman, were once again honored for being in the $2 Million Club. Members of the $1 Million Club included Rodney Thiel and Mike Richards, owners of the Grapevine, Texas store; Danny Shenko and Mike Rogers, of the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, location; Acey and Kerri Light, owners of the Lubbock, Texas store; and Santiago and Dominica Rojas, owners of the Massapequa Park, New York store.
In addition to these awards, 32 Tint World owners were recognized as part of the company’s 5-Star Program, which it says is a comprehensive pathway for franchise owners to improve operations and increase sales. Tint World also honored ARC Audio with the Vendor of the Year Award.