UK-based Signbox, makers of architectural, interior and exterior signage and graphic displays, announces the completion of an architectural signage project it was hired to do for the London Fire Brigade.
As part of the remodel of nine stations around the English capital, Signbox was required to use quality materials that were manufactured for longevity, and have the flexibility to work efficiently with other sub-contractors and be able to meet the tight project schedule.
Signbox built and installed external signage that includes:
- Post- and plank-mounted signs finished with a vitreous enamel coating, similar to signage found in the London Underground. The company calls it “the finish of choice for quality signs in the 21 century” because of its durability and resistance to graffiti.
- Marine-grade stainless steel lettering
- Red enameled aluminum trays
Internal signage includes:
- An anti-graffiti modular sign system with the flexibility to change to reflect organizational adjustments
- Manifestation graphics on glazed partitions
- Specific statutory fire signage to complement individual buildings
Signbox was recommended to the architects of the station redesign, HTA Design, by Kier Construction.