The Fortune Is In The Follow-Up
Known fact: If you are not following up with your clients, you are losing sales. Here are some interesting statistics from the National Sales Executive Association showing that the majority of sales are made from the 5th through the 12th contact!
- 2% of sales are made on the 1st contact
- 3% of sales are made on the 2nd contact
- 5% of sales are made on the 3rd contact
- 10% of sales are made on the 4th contact
- 80% of sales are made on the 5th-12th contact!!
Why one-call sales marketing doesn’t work.
- Your competition makes your prospect forget about you. They are all about the follow-up call.
- Procrastination. Putting off the follow-up call is putting off sales.
- People misplace information. Keep good records!
- Prospect accidentally deletes your e-mail. Never depend on a prospect’s record-keeping abilities. You’re driving the sale.
- Prospect is busy. This will almost always be the case. Be willing to re-schedule time to talk at your client’s convenience.
- Not yet decided. The client may love your product but can’t find the money in their budget. You can help by following up and offering financing options.
- Not enough information. The prospect may have formed an important question after your last contact. The follow-up call will allow you to provide that information.